Thursday, September 15, 2011

Color me Mango!

The absolutely delicious fruit that is sooooo good you just cant help but want to eat the whole thing in 2 seconds. (Well at least for me)

So of course this delicious fruit can be used in more ways than one.. you guessed it.. on your face for baby smooth healthy skin!

The big cosmetics companies have been slapping the “AHA” label on skin cleansers, creams and masks for a few years now, but translate that sciencey-sounding name (AHA stands for alpha-hydroxy acids) and you get simple fruit acids, which you can find in high concentrations in the skin and meat of a variety of fruits, and without the preservatives beauty products usually use.- Starr Vartan (Green Living Expert)

So you know what this means ladies... time to get your glow on and start making use of these simple fruit acids the right way.

As I mentioned before, I suffered from terrible cystic acne and when I finally dropped all the big brand names and went O'Naturaaaal (simple basic ingredients I could pronounce and understand) I was left with lots of scars all over my cheeks and chin. I was referred to a dermatologist by a friend and they were so quick to do a citric acid peel to rid the top layers of my skin so that the new "fresh" skin could come out. (What they really meant was to pour some crazy acid on my face that burned like hell and then proceeded to leave me looking like a Mike N Ike's Hot Tamale for 2 weeks- not kidding) Did I mention they assured me my skin would only be "sensitive" for about 2 days (what they really mean is hide in a dark room and don't try to touch your face for a whole week cause you will scream bloody murder)... yea... about that.

If you never had this type of experience then THANK goodness... cause I don't wish that upon my worst enemy.. lol (or do I) ;)

So, I did my research and found that I could help lighten my spots with natural citric acids found in common fruit we eat, such as Mango!

After a few attempts trying to find the right mix I finally was able to come up with something real snazy that my face just eats up (oh and yes of course has played a huge role in getting rid of my acne scars)

By now you should know my main ingredient with almost every mask is FULL fat yogurt ( I really believe this is miracle in a jar for you skin and body)

First, I want to share with you the massage technique you should be using when you do anything on your face, i.e cleanse, mask, ect.
(not only does it feel good.. it helps stimulate the blood in your face)


 On to the yummy mask:

Mango Sunshine Mask


What you will need:
  • 1/4 cup full fat yogurt
  • 1/2 mango
  • small mixing bowl
  • foundation brush (optional)
  • 2 squirts of honey
  • small facial towel
  1. Mix full fat yogurt , honey, and mango (smash up the ripe mango with a fork) in small mixing bowl. Place in fridge to cool.
  2. Cleanse face thoroughly and pat dry. Use foundation brush or clean fingers to smooth on skin (this is where the cool massage technique comes in and feels really good!)
  3. Enjoy the cool feeling on your skin.. check your FB or play with the puppy.. lol (just beware that pups like to try and eat this mask.. Miss Bella)
  4. Let the mask sit for 15 minutes, then use the small wash cloth to gently wash off the mask (with warm water).
  5. Do a cold water splash on your face (this will sure wake you up but most importantly will help close the pores)
  6. Gently pat skin dry and apply your favorite moisturizer

**Note**
Make sure to use sunscreen as the natural fruit acids leave your skin more prone to sun damage.



No comments:

Post a Comment