Monday, August 8, 2011

There is nothing like a little EVOO....

I don't know about you, but I love my flip flops!
Between all the dancing, dry hands, and beach hoping my skin has been on the NOT so Soft side. My hands are finally starting to sprout up with callus from all the pole work (so NOT complaining.. lol) and my knees and elbows and feet are starting to show all the floor work I'm doing.

So, naturally I needed to find a solution and its right in our kitchens.

Brown Sugar

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Simple. Easy. Effective- You all know that how I like things to be

Here is my recipe for some gentle yet effective exfoliation:

*this recipe makes enough to exfoliate your entire body*
*this can be a bit messy, highly recommended to be done in the shower*

1/4 cup of EVOO
1/2 cup of brown sugar

  • Mix both ingredients in a bowl to create a scrub/paste
  • Make a nice steamy shower and apply paste with hands while lightly rubbing in a circular motion
  • leave on for a minute or two to soak up into skin
  • wash off either with hands or a small washcloth if you prefer. (Some don't like the slight oil feeling left behind so you do have the option to wipe off residue with small cloth)
  • Pat skin dry with towel, and Whaaala... soft, smooth, glowing skin for pennies on the dollar
  • ENJOY
I have used this recipe many times and this simple recipe is very effective on all parts of the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment